iZotope Vinyl adds a touch of vintage flair to your tracks with a plug-in that’s part time machine. iZotope’s Vinyl uses advanced filtering, modeling and resampling to create an authentic “vinyl” simulation, as if the audio was a record being played on a record player. Get the perfect amount of scratchy, noisy, grit to dirty up even the cleanest tracks. The only thing that sounds better is the price: it’s free! Click here to pick it up.
- Mechanical Noise: The amount of turntable motor rumble and noise
- Wear: Control how worn out the record is, from brand new to played a few thousand times
- Electrical Noise: Internally generated electrical noise, such as 60 Hz grounding hum
- Dust: The amount of dust on the record
- Scratch: The number and depth of scratches on the record
- Warp Depth: The amount of warping and the warp shape for the record—from no warp to the edges totally melted and warped
Comments from the field
“If I want to dirty up my soft synths or give them a bit of an edge then I run them through various plug-ins that degrade the quality or warp things to a certain extent. That’s why I’ve always used iZotope’s Vinyl, even on our first record. I don’t use it to make something sound like vinyl at all. I use it to degrade the quality and make it sound a bit crunchier and less clean…Vinyl will always turn it into something absolutely crunched-up.” ~ Ed Mcfarlane of Friendly Fires
“I’ve been recording orchestras for years and have samples from just about everywhere. I usually let the ‘tape’ run even after we’re done just to see what happens. I really like running some of those scraps through iZotope Vinyl to give it an old gramophone sound.” ~ Sound Designer Justin Lassen
Vinyl System Requirements
- Supported operating systems: Mac: OS X 10.5.8 or later (Universal Binary) / Windows: 32/64 bit (XP, 7, 8)
- Plug-in formats: Pro Tools 7.4–10 (RTAS/AudioSuite), VST, MAS, Audio Unit (32-bit only), DirectX
- Host compatibility: Vinyl works in popular hosts like Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, SONAR, ACID, Ableton Live, and many more.
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe.
NOTE: Vinyl is a 32-bit plug-in only and will not work in 64-bit plug-in hosts.