Pro Tools 11 is the industry standard DAW – Digital Audio Workstation. You owe it to yourself to at least check it out for free for a month. Pro Tools is what you’ll find in major recording studios not to mention video, TV, and radio production facilities of all types and sizes.
Here’s the link: Pro Tools 11 Free 30 Day Trial
The word industry brings to mind the concept of industrial, or, business production. As a so-called industry standard Pro Tools is not your father’s DAW. It’s not (necessarily) for the casual home user or bedroom producer. It can be. It should be. But don’t confuse it with something you got out of a cereal box. It’s not that. It’s not Fruity Loops, either. Nothing against FL Studio, I love it. We taught the kids to write on it. What I am trying to say is when you use Pro Tools be ready to make a serious commitment to learn it properly. Not to mention the cash commitment as well. Many people “hate” on Pro Tools, not realizing the history of its development and its raw power. It’s complex. It’s dependable. And as such it has developed and evolved to respond to the needs of recording engineers and producers in professional studios world wide. Just keep that in mind. There’s a lot of power there, and with great power comes great responsibility. Er, that is, with great power comes a lot of studying and tech support and hanging out in forums to learn it! I hope you’ll give it a test drive. (You will need a piece of hardware called an iLok2 to use Pro Tools. More info at the link above.)
Here’s some more info…
Pro Tools 11: The New Standard for Audio Production. The most powerful digital audio workstation just got more powerful. Pro Tools 11 redefines professional music and audio production for today’s workflows. From all-new audio and video engines and turbocharged 64-bit performance, to expanded metering and new HD video workflows, Pro Tools 11 enables you to take on the most demanding sessions and maximize your creativity—without holding anything back.
Key features in Pro Tools 11
- All-new Avid Audio Engine – Unleash your creativity with multiple times the processing power compared to prior versions.
- Powerful 64-bit performance – Handle huge sessions with ease and gain more memory headroom to go even bigger.
- Offline bounce – Speed up your mix and stem deliveries with faster-than-real-time offline bounce.
- Low-latency input buffer – Monitor record inputs on native systems without sacrificing plug-in performance.
- Expanded metering – Deliver the best mixes with an extended selection of built-in metering standards.
- New Avid Video Engine – Play and edit HD video right in the Pro Tools timeline—without transcoding.