Flux BitterSweet v3
Bittersweet v3 is a free software processing tool for managing audio transients. Turning the big wheel button on the sweet side, decreases the transients amplitude. On the bitter side the transients amplitude is magnified.
- Output Gain, controlling the gain at the end of the processing.
- Bypass routes the incoming signal direct to the output for a true smooth transition between processed and clean signal.
- Three different transient processing modes:
- Main, using a regular stereo signal scheme for the processing.
- Center, processing the Mid channel only, very efficient for snare and kick drums.
- Stereo, processing the Side channel only, very efficient for panned rhythmic/transient instruments.
Bittersweet v3 is built around our latest 64-bit version 3 framework improving the processing performance dramatically. The graphic rendering in Bittersweet v3 is using a GPU-efficient 2D/3D graphic engine. The engine, introduced first in the Pure Analyzer System, is based on the OpenGL standard optimizing the audio-to-visual experience utilizing the GPU on the computer’s built in graphics card.
BitterSweet v3 also features a control for the signal to be processed. When the main position is engaged, the process affects the stereo signal. If Center is engaged, only the M signal of the internal MS matrix is processed. If stereo is selected, only the S signal from the MS matrix is processed.
Three transient detection modes can be selected. Varying periods of integration for transients can be accessed. A Link function is provided to compensate the output gain with respect to the transient processing setting.
Like all Flux:: plug-ins, it features:
- 64 bit floating point processing, up to 8 channels and up to 8 FS (384 KHz). Center and Stereo Modes are only available in stereo processing (2 channels).
- Neither Flux or iLok dongle, nor registration is required!
- Open Sound Control Support – Open Sound Control (OSC) is a content format for messaging among computers, sound synthesizers, and other multimedia devices that are optimized for modern networking technology. Bringing the benefits of modern networking technology to the world of electronic musical instruments,
- OSC’s advantages include interoperability, accuracy, flexibility, and enhanced organization and documentation.
- With the Flux:: version 3 (v3) framework support for OSC is introduced in order to allow for remote control of the plug-in parameters using OSC enabled devices and software applications such as TouchOSC for iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad.
We hope you will enjoy this new tool and make your mix Bitter, or Sweet…