Free mixing & production course with Grammy winning producer/mixer Dave Darlington! CLICK HERE! Limited Offer
WHAT YOU GET
- Pro Tools Session Templates
- Waves Plugin Settings Used
- Stem Files for all songs produced in the sessions
- Limited Time 15% discount on Plugins used in the sessions
WHAT YOU LEARN – In this age of home studios, bedroom producers and independent mixers, there is no reason why a demo song shouldn’t become a well-produced, expertly mixed, fully polished master, no matter the budget. Whether you’re a home producer, a musician mixing your own music, or a mix engineer looking to step up your game, in this video course with Grammy-winning producer, mixer and composer Dave Darlington, you will learn:
✓ How to create a sonic vision for your song, no matter the genre
✓ How to make the most important decisions when mixing a pop, hip hop or rock track
✓ How to make the best use of plugins in your mixes and productions
✓ How different mixing choices can impact the song’s overall feel
✓ How to give lead and backing vocals the power and polish they deserve
✓ How to get bass and drum tracks sitting tight and working together
✓ How to rethink the way you use instruments in the mix – synths, guitars, etc.
✓ How to put the finishing touches that can make or break a song
MUSIC USED IN THIS COURSE
- “Hold Your Head Up” by Emily Kopp. Written by Emily Kopp. Produced by Justin Beckler.
- “Better World” by Carl Nunes & TripL. Written and produced by Lior Brosh and Omri Cohen.
- “Esclavos” by Endecah. Written by Endecah and Antonio Escobar. Produced by Antonio Escobar.
- “Divided” by Death Over IP. Written and produced by Death Over IP.
EXPERT ADVICE – At the end of each lesson you will get expert advice from Dave’s special guests, top producers & mixers Tony Maserati (Beyoncé), Jack Joseph Puig (Lady Gaga), Andrew Scheps (Metallica), and Greg Wells (Adele).
LIVE Q&A – During and after each lesson, you will be able to submit your questions about the course material. The following day, Dave will host a live Q&A session – four weekly sessions in total – where he will answer your select questions.
- 1-1 – LAYING A STRONG FOUNDATION: BASS & DRUMS – Learn how to decide on a sonic vision for the song, how to organize your session to work effectively, and how to the shape the rhythmic heart of the song: the drums and the bass
Special guest: Jack Joseph Puig
- 1-2 – LIVE Q&A SESSION – Dave answers select questions from course participants, with emphasis on producing and mixing drums and bass.
- 2-1 – ALL ABOUT THE MELODY: VOCALS – Learn master-level tips on how to make any vocal recording more vibrant, polished and sparkling, with special attention to tuning, dynamics, equalization, and effects such as reverb and delay. Special guest: Greg Wells
- 2-2 – LIVE Q&A SESSION – Dave answers select questions from course participants, with emphasis on producing and mixing vocals.
- 3-1 – PUTTING MEAT ON THOSE BONES: HARMONIC INSTRUMENTS – Learn Dave’s secret tricks for the harmonic parts that flesh out the song, including keys and synths, guitars, strings, horns, and rhythmic/harmonic elements provided by sequencers. Special guest: Andrew Scheps
- 3-2 – LIVE Q&A SESSION – Dave answers select questions from course participants, with emphasis on producing and mixing harmonic instruments.
- 4-1 – SWEETENING THE MIX: FINAL TOUCHES – Learn how to sweeten your final mix and create more excitement, by controlling the subtle elements that together make a huge difference: including Dave’s mix dynamics, sidechaining and automation tricks. Special guest: Tony Maserati
- 4-2 – LIVE Q&A SESSION – Dave answers select questions from course participants, with emphasis on putting the final touches to a mixed song.
ABOUT DAVE DARLINGTON – In a career spanning four decades and over 1000 album credits, multiple Grammy-winning mixer, composer, musician and producer Dave Darlington has worked on hit songs and albums in a staggering range of genres – rock/pop, hip hop, R&B, jazz, dance/electronic, even classical. Few music makers can boast credits diverse enough to include everyone from Avicii to Herbie Hancock, David Guetta to Sting. Dave owns and works out of Bass Hit Studios in New York City.
ABOUT WAVES – Waves Audio is the world’s leading maker of audio plugins for mixing, music production, mastering, sound design, broadcast, post-production and live sound.
POPULAR WAVES AUDIO PLUGINS